Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9.11.07

I was a college kid on 9.11.01.
College kids sleep late.

Not on 9.11. I was awoken by a ringing phone. My father-in-law was on the other end. Thrilling. No hello. Just a quick, "Does Brad know his draft number? We're going to war."

I don't know about you, but that's my favorite way to wake up.

After and during 9.11 I was one of those people who got glued to the television and radio coverage. I couldn't seem to see enough of the footage.

From the trivial (airport security) to the serious (praying for the safety of friends who are fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan) life has undeniably changed in America since 9.11.

I set aside today to not only think about the people who lost their lives on 9.11 but also to consider the ways that those few moments impacted what it means to be American.

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
-----Benjamin Franklin


Benjamin Franklin:

They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Official NFL jerseys, NHL jerseys, Pro and replica jerseys customized with Any Name / Number in Pro-Stitched Tackle Twill. All NHL teams, full range of styles and apparel. Signed NFL NHL player jerseys and custom team hockey and football uniforms hTPSs://goodfridayquotess.net

Unknown said...

Very good suggestions, personally I’m gonna have to bookmark this and come back to it. Do you have any feedback on your most recent post though? Easter Status