Monday, January 15, 2007

Monday 1/15/07

First things, first. I loved everything I read from Trendy Tuesday. It was nice to think about something just for fun--some brain candy. The RAK winner is {drum roll, please}. . . . Georgia. Email your name and address, please, so I can send your package. (fancysimple@gmail.com) Thanks to everyone who played along. Watch for another Trendy Tuesday challenge from Angie tomorrow.

Now, on to the quote for today.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

-Martin Luther King, Jr.

I know what matters to me and do not hesitate to speak up, especially when it comes to world issues. But, it's a little different when it comes to the actions of individuals. When a friend, or even a stranger, does something that is in direct conflict with what I believe is right, it's difficult to speak up about it because I feel like I'm making a judgment. Who am I to judge someone else's personal choices or actions?

Today, think about what matters to you--not just big issues, but also smaller things. What do you value? More importantly, what do you do to stand up for what's important to you?

2 comments:

justem said...

I didn't get my TT layout finished in time :( But I am goind to try to finish today!!!

LOVE that quote. It is so true. I really need to think and write about it today. Thanks :)

Latharia said...

Very timely & awesome quote! My response is on my blog.