Sunday, January 11, 2009

Relaxing Weekend? Sunday January 11

As you may have seen from yesterday, Barb and I had a day of total relaxation = spa treatments, a fantastic meal out, no phone calls, work hassles, baby spit up (!), just laughs, near injuries (yes, there was a small mishap) interesting people watching and a general recharging of our batteries (both personal and friendship).

So since yesterday was such a success - I am going to try and carry a little bit of that feeling into today. We are going to see our friends new little baby and I am going to soak up that happiness, mix it with yesterday's relaxing and hope that it combines to make for a perfect day.

Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles.
Charlie Chaplin.

2 comments:

justem said...

This is a great quote! Glad you had a fun day yesterday! :)

Beth said...

Very, very true. I found myself feeling pretty lucky and content on the way to work this morning. Despite yucky stuff in life, I am very blessed. I just wish I would remember it more often!