Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Sometimes I really wonder. . .

. . . my husband and I both got home from work late, late, late last night--much later than any person should get home from work.

We were swapping stories of a work day gone bad (in his case) and gone strange (in my case). Oddly enough, both of our days were tied together by a common thread. . . ridiculous things that people did.

I can't stop thinking about these people. I wonder how they can be so unaware of what is going on around them. I'm curious if they can sleep at night thinking about the impact of their actions on other people. I'm sincerely hoping that I never act that ridiculously.

"Only two things are infinite,
the universe and human stupidity,
and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

3 comments:

Beth said...

I continue to be surprised by people's stupidity, rudeness, and ego. I don't know why I can't just accept it's more common than not.

Sean said...

I remember when I was looking into law schools I took a few law school prep classes. It was a sad day that when the stupid stuff people on Law and Order did was normal and the real stuff from cases was scarier. Every day I was in that class I got more and more surprised at how stupid and weird people could be.

Unknown said...

You would think I am no longer surprised by the stupidity of people but yet again yesterday I had one of those "Are You Serious???" moments. I was in a meeting, talking to my Board Chair...
(enough said!)
Blessings!