Saturday, November 3, 2007

Rainbow Connection

Who said that every wish would be heard and answered
when wished on the morning star?
Somebody thought of that
and someone believed it,
and look what it's done so far.
What's so amazing that keeps us stargazing?
And what do we think we might see?
Someday we'll find it,
the rainbow connection,
the lovers, the dreamers and me.

I love this song, sung in its best Kermit voice.

To wrap up Connections week (for me, by far the hardest) I would ask everyone to think about the people in our lives (here and gone) who have shaped us. Whose phone call always lifts our spirts. Who we can be brutually honest with (if need be).

Several of you have emailed me or indicated that this week has been hard for you too. Thanks for admitting it. I am so blessed to have some great family and personal connections, but there are regrets and holes too.

Despite the challenges of the connections in our life - we have hope. Hope that we can repair broken fences, hope that a special someone will come into our life, and hope we make those special people to us feel that the load they have to carry is a little easier just because of a special friendship.

Go forth and build, strengthen those connections - and don't be afraid to mourn connections lost either.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved this week. It was good to sit back and take a look at all of the connections in my life (good and bad) and reevaluate them!
This week was awesome!
Blessings!

Colleen said...

this week has been hard, but good at the same time. sometimes you need to think about why connections are lost so that you can learn from it

Pam said...

This week was quite a revelation for me. I had no conscious realization that I was connected to so many different people in such a variety of ways.
Thanks for the food for thought.

E said...

I agree that it's been hard, but much needed by me right now! Thanks for the challenge to really look at the connections I have in my life.