Monday, November 26, 2007

No kind action ever stops with itself. One kind action leads to another. Good example is followed. A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees. The greatest work that kindness does to others is that it makes them kind themselves.

-----Amelia Earhart


I'm not sure if you've had any red cups yet this season, but the traditional quote is replaced with "Pass the Cheer," a quick idea about how you can spread cheer this holiday season. It's (along with less than an hour at the mall on Saturday) convinced me that it is important to try my hardest to be friendly and cheerful and optimistic and kind this holiday season.

The holidays get a little crazy about my house. So, I'm setting that--being kind--as my holiday-season goal. What is your goal for the holidays?

4 comments:

Sean said...

My goal for this holiday is to give more of me and less of my credit card in every gift I wrap.

Beth said...

I have always loved holidays, but this past year has been a life-changing, difficult one for me. My goal for the holidays is to get through them and do whatever I need to do - cry, laugh, enjoy time with my dad and brother, and taking time for myself - in order to get through it.

Unknown said...

My family is going through a lot of transitions this year, so my goal is to keep everyone grounded and focused on JESUS!

Blessings, Regina

Liz Allman said...

Trying to create traditions that my daughter will want to keep for her daughter.