Saturday, August 11, 2007

Goodbye Harry and Friends

At 7:10 a.m. I finished the last sentence of the last book in Harry Potter's adventures. I've been savoring it over the past few weeks and reached a point yesterday that I just couldn't take it anymore and needed to finish as quickly as possible.

My love affair with Harry Potter continues to astonish me. I'm not a fantasy or a science-fiction reader; it just doesn't do it for me. And, I'm really not normally a fan of series books. So, I was initially really hesitant to start reading the books. I think I picked up the first one about a week before the third one was published. In the span of the next two weeks, I read one, two, and three.

I love the characters; I think I know people who remind me of almost every character. (In case you couldn't guess it, I, myself, am most like Hermione.) I love the words made up and carefully selected by J.K. Rowling. I love the points in the plot that make you go, "Ohhhhhhh. So that's how that works."

I'm sad to see the whole thing come to an end.

"It is our choices . . . that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
-----J.K. Rowling


No comments: