Saturday, August 4, 2007

Bright-Eyed and Bushy Tailed

(Ever really thought about that expression? It's strange.)

But, that we me last night at 11:00 p.m. That was me last night at midnight. That was me last night at 1:00 a.m. I was awake. Wide awake.

I normally go to bed by 10:00 p.m. When I'm working I've been known to fall asleep on the couch in my clothes before 10:00 p.m. But, last night my body absolutely, positively refused to sleep.

Are you a night owl? an early bird?
What are your tricks for falling asleep?

"The worst thing in the world is to try to sleep and not to."
-----F. Scott Fitzgerald

2 comments:

Beth said...

I'm a night owl, but I can no longer stay up quite as late I once could. I usually read or watch tv if I can't sleep. I heard that doing exercises would help and I tried that once, but didn't find it particularly helpful. I just bought this nighttime lotion that is scented w/ lavender and is "clinically proven to reduce muscle tension and help you sleep better." I love it! Whether it works? Who knows?

Katrina said...

I am a totaly nightowl. I am convinced that my body has never adjusted to east coast time (even though it's been, uh, 13 years). I am usually up until midnight every night!