Friday, July 27, 2007

A little laugh for a Friday

I've been on the road for about a week (doing fun things!). One of the highlights of my return was going to see my favorite girls--Natalie (2 yrs.) and Katelyn (2 mnths.)--both of whom seem to have grown leaps and bounds in a few short days.

I got to get Natalie all ready for bed, and brushing her teeth was part of the routine. It seemed a little strange that her toothbrush was kind of on the big side and green and blue (instead of little and pink like I pictured it). But, I asked her if it was hers, and she said yes. I loaded it up with kiddo toothpaste, and she happily brushed away.

Turns out she brushed so happily because it wasn't her toothbrush.
It was the beagle's toothbrush.
Yup. She scrubbed--I mean really scrubbed--her teeth with a toothbrush reserved for the family dog.

"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing."
-----John Powell


What did I learn?
The two-year-old is not as smart as she seems; she'll say "Yes" to almost any question.
Kids are not easily grossed out.

2 comments:

angieoh! said...

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww.

Beth said...

I love it! And only a two year old would not care one iota that she's brushing with the dog's toothbrush.