Monday, June 25, 2007

Monday: Personal Assistant

Your job is to focus on my personal happiness, she said, & I've got big plans, so break time is over.
---Brian Andres, Storypeople

I wonder--especially on Mondays--what it might be like to have a personal assistant. Someone whose job it would be do to all the things I don't like about my life:
  • paying bills
  • grocery shopping
  • scheduling appointments
  • cleaning the house
  • choosing an outfit
  • handling correspondence (RSVPing to parties, etc.)
  • taking the dog to the vet
What tasks would you assign to your personal assistant?

4 comments:

Greta said...

my personal assistant would
1. grocery shop
2. clean my house daily (to my standards) =)
3. iron
4. cook

hmmm....i need a maid...not a personal assitant...but if she would rather be called a personal asst. i guess that is ok too....lmao

Liz said...

Ever notice that our husbans don't complain about this? We don't need assistants, we need wives.

B said...

cleaning
putting away laundry
grading papers
paying bills
be in charge of my calendar
find me a date :)

christie said...

I used to be exactly this kind of personal assistant! LOL! I made $9/hr doing that stuff. I would really want $10-12 now. If you wanna pay me, I'm there. LOL.