Thursday, June 21, 2007

Glued to the Tube

"If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed."
-----Lily Tomlin


It's been beautiful here the last few days--a little hot, sunshine, breezy, completely gorgeous summer weather.

But, all I've wanted to do when I get home from class is watch television. My DVR is set to tape re-runs of Dawson's (the series finale was just on recently) and Beverly Hills 90210. It tapes daily episodes of Everyday Italian and (I'll admit it) General Hospital. I'm hooked on Intervention and, lately, cannot seem to watch enough re-runs of Law and Order: SVU. I even started watching Army Wives, the only show I've ever watched on Lifetime (besides re-runs of Greys Anatomy).

There is a permanent imprint of my butt on the couch.

I think I'm doing it because the television is a nice escape. I should really learn to escape into something healthy and productive like exercise.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

SHUT UP! Dawson's & 90210?? I love you even more now.

Beth said...

Sometimes I think your body knows best...keep that butt imprint there as long as you're feeling it! It will pass!