Wednesday, June 6, 2007

friends near & far

A friend who is far away is sometimes much nearer than one who is at hand. Is not the mountain far more awe-inspiring and more clearly visible to one passing through the valley than to those who inhabit the mountain? ~ Kahlil Gibran

I've moved alot (30+ times?), which puts me miles away from many of my friends & family. I'd love to take a best friend out for dinner tonight to celebrate her birthday...but she's on the other side of the country. It doesn't strike me as unusual that I have so many long distance relationships b/c it's always been this way for me. Add in the people that I've "met" online, and the list grows even more. What does the mix look like for you?

(by the way...Kahlil Gibran is a long time fave...if you haven't read The Prophet, I highly recommend)

1 comment:

Greta Adams said...

i have moved 26 times so i am right behind you...lol