Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Kindness: 1/17/07

Ask yourself: Have you been kind today? Make kindness your daily modus operandi and change your world.

-Annie Lennox

I'm grumpy this morning. It's dark. It's cold. It's Wednesday. I did not bound out of bed this morning thinking kind thoughts about the world. In fact, I've already been unkind to my poor husband and it's only 5:58 a.m. But, I know that somewhere in the drive between here and work, I'll shake off the unkind facade and manage to be pleasant all day long. Deep down inside though, I very well may still be thinking grumpy thoughts all day long.

How do you define kindness? What can you do to promote kindness between the people you encounter every day? Do you consider yourself a kind person? Where is the line between kind and push-over?



3 comments:

Steph said...

ugh, I'm so not feeling kind today.

Not kind at all.

But I'll try :)

Latharia said...

I'm very kind....to a point. :) I updated my blog. Great quote! You are coming up with some wonderful food for thought! Keep up the great work!

Georgia said...

Posted my "kindness" thoughts.