Wednesday, January 24, 2007

1/24/07 - Themes that are timeless

Today is Neil Diamond's birthday. I a huge fan - when Mike and I first started dating it was the only music we BOTH liked! Now our tastes have blended a little better but Neil will also seem like "mine and Mike's music!"

Today I picked a Neil quote. I thought it worked nicely with this journaling project we have all got going on. Finding themes that are timeless (or not). Capturing them for the future. How are you doing with the challenge? Finding it difficult? There have been days where my pretty journal has sat empty. But the knowing it was there, waiting to be picked up again, when I was ready. I like that feeling. How about you?

"Be as a page that aches for a word/ Which speaks on a theme that is timeless" -- Neil Diamond

2 comments:

marci lambert said...

well, i've been doing great about reading this blog, not so great about implementing ideas! i have lots going on right now, so i know i'll get to a point where i can participate more. just wanted to say thanks for all the inspiration.

As The World Scraps said...

oh my gosh! Another Neil fan! I loved Jonathon Livingston Eagle album. My kids even knows all of his songs. Porcupine Pie, Porcupine Pie, Vanilla Soup... a double scoop please!